Social Media

Flatonia Pt. 2

So I guess I never really fully grasped how BIG Texas football really is. I didn't buy tickets to the UT vs. Rice game back in the summer, assuming that no one would drive all the way to Houston for a football game. Boy was I wrong. West campus was pretty much deserted this weekend. The halls of Hardin were particularly silent (which is pretty rare for Red House, we have piano players at three in the morning). Rather than suffer through a lifeless weekend in the company of my Geology, Calc, and Chemistry textbooks, I jumped at the opportunity to visit my ranch and see the family. Naturally I had my camera and tried to act all artsy. . .

DSC_0526
DSC_0533 DSC_0536
DSC_0549 DSC_0557
DSC_0561 DSC_0570
DSC_0556 DSC_0571
DSC_0593
DSC_0595 DSC_0596

Then Sunday we went to the 150th Anniversary of the High Hills Festival. Lunch: fried chicken, beef stew, green beans, mashed potatoes, sauerkraut (grosssss), canned peaches, and delicious poppy seed cake. Played some intense Bingo (i'm serious), toured one of the Texas painted churches, and all looked like out-of-place city folk.

DSC_0657
DSC_0646 DSC_0660
DSC_0681
DSC00148

Overall, it was a pretty relaxing weekend. Last night I returned to Austin around nine at night. Today after some studying, I ran some errands with Lindsay & her mom, followed by a delicious early dinner at Maudie's. It really almost puts Escalante's in Houston to shame. We had a trio of guac, salsa & queso. Then I ate some delicious bean & cheese chalupas, which are like little pizzas in a way. Ended dinner of a perfect high note too-- Bee Cave Crunch ice cream.
"classic combination of creamy Mexican vanilla swirled with honey and cinnamon and mixed with crunchy praline pecans. It's the perfect ending to a spicy Tex-Mex meal on a hot Texas night."

Also, check out a lovely video by me & Hunter from this weekend. It's kinda ridiculous but may just brighten your day. WATCH ME!!! Also note: I was too lazy to photoshop or really edit any of the photos, but I think they turned out rather nice despite that.
Theme by BD