Social Media

Corpse Flower

DSC_0320

Actually no. Latin for "GIANT MISSHAPEN PENIS." But Lois, as the plant is lovingly called, is no male genital. It is the twenty ninth Corpse Flower to bloom in the United States, second in Texas. Rather than a novel to explain my obsession for this plant, here are some highlights:

-celebrity status by having one of the largest, rarest, and smelliest flowers in the world
-each heights of 7-10 ft
-bloom is rare and unpredictable
-viewers will have to endure the epic stench that has earned this magnificent bloom the nickname, “Corpse Flower.”


DSC_0319 DSC_0325
DSC_0344 DSC_0369

So anyone who has spent time with me in the past week or so knows that I am currently obsessed with this plant. I follow the Hou. Museum of Nat. Science twitter and check the website each night. Ridiculous I know, but I'm not alone. At 11 am I went online to buy tickets to see Lois and they were already sold out until 3 pm. So until 3:45, Kathryn & I spent time with dinosaurs and gorgeous gems and hissing cockroaches. Finally though, we witnessed the "Smelly Lois."

DSC_0380
DSC_0371 DSC_0379 DSC_0381

BUTTERFLY EXHIBIT


DSC_0439 DSC_0393
DSC_0409 DSC_0418

After playing with butterflies, we walked over to Hermann Park and stumbled upon Little Bigs, a super delicious sliders joint. That's right. Sliders, not burgers. Oh and the most heavenly milkshakes. Basically CHECK THIS PLACE OUT!

DSC_0472 DSC_0469z DSC_0476
DSC_0481

DSC_0494 DSC_0495
DSC_0502

Today was easily the best day this week. Evidence: I had an impossible time narrowing down my favorite pics from the day, Kathryn and I jammed to both K'naan and songs from Disney's Mulan while avoiding traffic, it didn't rain.
Theme by BD